We are currently seeking two County representatives for the Police Advisory Committee for a four year term.
Letters of application will be received until February 28 at 4:00pm. Applications should include a brief biography of the individual and information on skills or assets that will be useful to the committee.
Applications can be dropped off, mailed or emailed to:
Municipality of the County of Antigonish
Attn: Alisha Bowie
285 Beech Hill Road
Beech Hill, NS B2G 0B4
POLICE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Subject to the policing agreement, the purpose of the Board is to:
• determine, in consultation with the chief officer or the chief officer’s designate, priorities, objectives and goals respecting police services in the community;
• ensure the chief officer establishes programs and strategies to implement the priorities, objectives and goals respecting police services;
• ensure that community needs and values are reflected in policing priorities, objectives, goals, programs and strategies;
• ensure that police services are delivered in a manner consistent with community values, needs and expectations;
• act as a conduit between the community and the police department;
• recommend policies, administrative and organizational direction for the effective management of the police department; and
• review with the chief officer or the chief officer’s designate information provided by the chief officer respecting complaints and internal discipline.
The advisory board shall not exercise jurisdiction relating to complaints, discipline, personnel conduct or the internal management of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.